Ask your teen these 12 questions to help them to determine if they should date that special someone. If they don't know the answers to all of these questions, it may mean that they need to get to know that person better before they start dating them.
- Does this person meet your Top 5? (see explanation at the bottom)
- Do you meet their Top 5?
- What kind of reputation do they have among your peers?
- What kind of reputation do they have among adults?
- Do they have the same values/morals as you?
- Have they set a limit when it comes to the physical part of a relationship?
- Do you know what their limit is?
- Do they know what your limit is and do they match?
- Have they had any previous relationships and did they end well or badly?
- Do you have any friends that currently have a crush on this person or have previously dated this person?
- Do they have any friends that currently have a crush on you or that you have previously dated?
- Does their family have similar values as your family?
Figuring out your TOP 5:
- Make a list of everything that you would ever want in a future spouse. Go beyond merely physical characteristics, although, being attracted to them should be on your list.
- From this list pick the Top 5 things that you would want in a future spouse.
- Using this list in your dating life will keep you from being disappointed and discouraged in relationships when expectations aren’t met.